Digital Storytelling: Techniques for Creating Engaging Experiences on Screens 2017
With Warren Buckleitner, Kate Wilson and Katie Paciga
October 22 - 24, 2017
Join us to review the “dust” and the “magic” of the latest children’s digital products, with an emphasis on language, literacy, and digital storytelling.
Workshops and/or demos of the latest apps will be given by Warren Buckleitner. Special guest presenters will be Kate Wilson CEO of Nosy Crow; Dr. Katie Paciga from Columbia College and the Erikson Institute.
Who should attend:
- Authors who want to take a print based book and successfully move it to a screen.
- Illustrators who want to learn how to illustrate for interactive design.
- Children’s librarians who want to find out what’s new with the latest children’s book apps, and learn about best practice.
- Educators who want to leverage the power of the tablet to help support early learning development.
- Interactive designers who are responsible for making quality digital products.
- Publishers who want to keep a competitive edge.
- ESL and Speech and Language Specialists who want to learn how to use tablets in day to day practice.
Built from the ground up around current products and the latest research, our agenda will be a “stone soup” of stories, knowledge, apps and research over the three days. The broad category of children’s literacy in the digital age will be approached from four points of view: reviewers, publishers, policy and research.
About the Leaders
Warren Buckleitner is a reviewer of children’s interactive media — video games, web sites and smart toys. He’s been a preschool, elementary and college teacher and has provided testimony to the FTC and the US Congress. He speaks at education and library conferences around the world, and covers children’s technology for the popular New York […]Learn more about Warren Buckleitner
Kate Wilson is the Managing Director of Nosy Crow, with has over 25 years’ publishing experience, mainly in children’s books. She started her career as a rights seller, and held senior management roles in publishing including MD of Macmillan Children’s Books and Group MD of Scholastic UK Ltd. She cares about good books, design, literacy […]Learn more about Kate Wilson
Dr. Kathleen A. Paciga, “Katie,” is an educator, researcher, and family gal. She earned a B.S. in Elementary Education and a B.A. in Spanish from Loyola University Chicago in 2002; a M.S.Ed in Instructional Leadership from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in 2006. She completed her doctoral studies in Curriculum & Instruction with […]Learn more about Katie Paciga